Sunday, June 5, 2011

When Vitto Learns to Ask One Million Questions a Day

By:  Vitto's mom
_______________________________________

While I was busy working and using my laptop at home...


Vitto:  Mommy?  What are you thinking?

Me:    What am I thinking?  I'm just reading, Vitto.

Vitto:  Reading? What are you reading. mommy?

Me:    I'm just reading something, Vitto.

Vitto:  Reading something?  WHAT are you reading something, mommy?

Me:    I'm reading something for work.

Vitto:  Reading something for work?  WHAT are you reading something for work, mommy?

Me:    (realizing that I should correct his grammar)  Vitto, don't say "what are you reading something for work" because that's wrong.  You should just say "What are you reading, mommy?" or "WHY are you reading something for work, mommy?"

Vitto:  Mommy, WHY should I say WHY are you reading something for work, mommy?


This kind of conversation actually happens every minute of the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment